Mar 26
As Mag Ran

I’ve been a fan of Paul Levine’s Solomon and Lord series, which are hilarious almost-romances featuring two Florida law partners, their fractured families and their wacky practice. Steve Solomon’s nephew can magically convert anything he hears to amazingly apt anagrams. I was always floored when I read them, wondering how Levine can come up with such clever stuff.

Now I know where he might go. A fabulous time-killer is the anagram generator site at

Virtually a million things came up when I entered Maggie Robinson. How am I described?

Enigma so boring (a dull woman of mystery, that’s me)

A bore in gin smog (although I much prefer champagne smog. Still dull)

A bosom reigning (yup, 38 DD)

Brain gismo gone (definitely)

My friends, the gamine gin boors, are hanging out at the Goosing Mine Bar with the big Marine goons. The Boogieman grins at a bi gnome’s groin over in the corner. Sin Mirage Bongo is boomeranging on the jukebox. You get the idea. Go have some fun of your own and report back here on the best inane broom gigs. It won’t be a somber going in, I promise you.

Highly recommended: Solomon vs. Lord, The Deep Blue Alibi, and Kill All the Lawyers. Levine’s latest, Trial and Error, will be released on June 1.
“sparkling dialogue that echoes the Hepburn-Tracy screwball comedies”—Chicago Sun-Times

Anagrams for “romance novel”—titles you will never, ever read, much like the entries in the Too True To Life contest:

Man Love Crone (younger man, experienced woman find love)

A Conmen Lover (TSTL heroine and Botany Bay escapee find love)

Clean No Mover (parlormaid and lord get trapped in broom closet, find love)

Remove No Clan (The MacFriskies battle for survival, find love)

Acorn Lovemen (Robin Hood and his Merry Men find love)

No Lamer Coven (Apprentice witch heals Waterloo vet, finds love)

Acme Love Morn (actually, Acme love it anytime of day or night)

I’ll stop now. Ton pillows. Swill on top. Lip—lost, won. Slit—plow on. Nip lots, low.

It’s hard. Trash id. Ash dirt. Star hid. Rat dish.

The end. Then Ed—he dent, he tend.

Really. Rye, all?

Anagrams for Maggie Robinson Means Romance which can be forced to tell a bizarre love story : Moonbeams smearing ignorance. Mom’s engineering cabana room. Manana coming; seeing sombrero. Micromanage mooning bareness. Macabre signora mooning semen…. I’m picturing a nighttime tryst with a naked but not-quite-bright cabana boy in Cabo right about now. He’s got a great butt, too.

And last, but not least, the Too True To Life randomly-selected-winner-picked-from-a-pile-of-tiny-folded-papers-in-a-big-red-Solo-cup-with-my-eyes-closed is My Joist.

That would be, Misty Jo, of course. E-mail me at maggierobinson8@yahoo.com with your mailing address and your prizes will be on the way.

Thank you all so much for making my weekend so entertaining! I wish I had a prize for every one of you. Please come back to visit again. I want to learn more…TMI is never enough.

17 comments to “As Mag Ran”

1. CM

Lo, Runty Anemic
    My Unclean Riot
    Annul My Erotic

and my favorite:
    Unromantic Lye

· March 26th, 2007 at 10:58 am · Link

Man there were just too many to pick from. Theresa Osburn gets:

A Bees Short Run
    A Throb Ensures
    A Boner He Rusts
    Hearse Burst On
    Heaters Burn So
    Teasers Burn So
    and the cautionary tale – Neath Bus Sorer.

That is a serious means of procrastination….LOL!

3. LauraT
     · March 26th, 2007 at 12:27 pm · Link

LOL, Maggie! I love this blog.. sooooooo much fun to read!!

4. TiffinaC
     · March 26th, 2007 at 12:33 pm · Link

CANAL RHYME STIFF

That’s funny! I had like a kagillion sorry…I’ll post some more funny ones later!

5. TiffinaC
     · March 26th, 2007 at 12:37 pm · Link

SAFARI CLEFT HYMN
    ANAL MERCY FIFTHS
    MANTRAS CLIFF HEY
    MERCHANT FALSIFY
    REACH MANLY STIFF
    REACH MAN STIFFLY

well you can imagine why I picked to share these ones…hehe

6. Santa
     · March 26th, 2007 at 3:49 pm · Link

Congrats MistyJo! I’ll be back later to play the anigram game!

7. MistyJo
     · March 26th, 2007 at 5:38 pm · Link

LOL! I got “GEMS SHIT UH JOY”

Thanks Maggie and Santa for the congrats! I’m so excited! I can’t remember the last time that I won something, especially this cool!

· March 26th, 2007 at 8:20 pm · Link

Hey, Misty Jo, I’ll get an envelope out to you by the end of the week. Hope you like the book and goodies!

And terrio…you know you’re also Rioter, right?

Thanks, Laura, it’s great to see you!

Tiff, somehow the word stiff is just perfect for you. 🙂

And Santa, we’re waiting to find out what you’re REALLY like!

We know that Unromantic Lye is very uncomfortable in unmentionable places….but I really like Untie Normalcy….I unravelled long ago.

· March 26th, 2007 at 10:50 pm · Link

RevMelinda becomes:

A Mind Revel
    Learned Vim
    Remand Evil
    In Mad Revel
    Darn Vile Me
    Rad Evil Men
    Male Driven
    Name Drivel
    Maven Riled
    Maven Idler
    Man Reviled

I love that the words evil, vile, drivel, and idler kept coming up!

· March 26th, 2007 at 10:54 pm · Link

Melinda, you wicked woman, you! these are hilarious considering your profession. God does have a sense of humor. 🙂

· March 27th, 2007 at 10:53 am · Link

I hadn’t thought of that Maggie. Turns out I’m also Retro I. Yep, that’s me…LOL!

12. Tessa Dare
     · March 27th, 2007 at 3:19 pm · Link

Oh, I love anagrams!

I’ve used that site before, but I’d never tried putting in “Tessa Dare.”

Some faves:
    Dear Asset
    Sad Teaser
    Reads Eats (my 2 favorite pastimes!)

13. Ericka Scott
     · March 27th, 2007 at 5:00 pm · Link

I had f-a-r too many too chose from:

A COCK SITTER (okay. . .)
    A COCK RE TITS (even better?)
    A RICKETS COT (a new meaning for bed bugs?)
    A COKE STRICT (nope, diet pepsi for me!)

14. Lenora Bell
     · March 28th, 2007 at 4:01 am · Link

A bosom reigning? Hah!! Very cute. Mine weren’t so exciting, I think my name repeats too many letters.

ALL BE LONER was my favorite.

Thanks for the laughs, Ms. Bosom!

· March 28th, 2007 at 7:19 am · Link

Thanks, Teaser, Cock Sitter and Aloner for stopping by (hey maybe you should get together and solve those problems, LOL!).

I especially love the Anagram Hall of Fame on that site:

Elvis-lives
    Listen=silent
    the eyes=they see
    mother-in-law=Woman Hitler
    a decimal point=I’m a dot in place
    New York Times=monkeys write

and then a long one

To be or not to be: that is the question, whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune. =
    In one of the Bard’s best-thought-of tragedies, our insistent hero, Hamlet, queries on two fronts about how life turns rotten.
    (Cory Calhoun)

Awesome!

· March 30th, 2007 at 9:50 am · Link

Fran the Hellion–my nickname, typically self-appointed turns into:

A Feller Ninth Oh–which I assume is a story about a baseball game where Feller lost it in the ninth. Very tragic.

A Hell En Firth On: I don’t know but I think it has something to do with I’m being denied Colin Firth’s hot little self–and it’s Hell, I tell you, hell!

After Hell, Ho Inn: Sounds about right.

If I use my real name, and I rarely do:

Racy, Clone Self: which can only mean: you drive too fast, Hellion, if you don’t stop, you’ll need to clone yourself to continue…

17. Lindsey
     · March 31st, 2007 at 9:11 pm · Link

LOL – these are too funny! Some highlights for my name:

LESBIAN ED FRY
    BRAS DENY LIFE
    RANDY BELIEFS
    SAFELY INBRED
    LADY BEER FINS (that’s Countess of Beer Fins to you!)