Dec 5
Dressed for Success

You have a naked man in your bed. Handsome. Tall. Dark-haired if we go by tradition. This is not a bad thing. But at some point, he’s got to get up and get out to fetch you jewels and cheeseburgers. Maybe a diet soda. It’s cold outside. After all, it is December. What is this dream guy wearing? Is he a braw Scot, flicking his kilt naughtily to tempt you with his own version of the Highland Games? See how big his sporran is. Or is he a dashing pirate, miraculously clean, all his limbs intact and parrot-less, ready to set sail for a tropical isle with you as his first mate? Pick your preferred hero and give him a name. We’ll take an informal poll. Claymore vs. cutlass. Let the best man win.

The finest clothing made is a person’s skin, but, of course, society demands something more than this. ~Mark Twain

17 comments to “Dressed for Success”

· December 5th, 2007 at 9:43 am · Link

Man, you’re making us choose? Hmmmm…. For me I’ll take a man in nice fitting jeans and a tight white tee but between these two I’d have to go with the pirate. I think. Wait, maybe the Scot. Oh, I can’t choose!

The pirate. I think.

2. Hvitveis
     · December 5th, 2007 at 12:05 pm · Link

OH easy choice. a scot turned pirate of course. that way I get the accent, the very handy woolen plaid, but also the revieling trousers and rip-my-bodice aka shirt look.

3. Ladytink_534
     · December 5th, 2007 at 4:23 pm · Link

He’d have to have that lovely Highlander’s burr of course! He’d have to have a beautiful name too. Gareth or Adrienne comes to mind.

· December 5th, 2007 at 4:58 pm · Link

BOTH! I want both! It’s Christmas, can’t I have both? And where can I get paperdolls like that! That’s awesome!

· December 5th, 2007 at 4:59 pm · Link

Okay, don’t shoot me, but I can’t get past the skirt thing! I would have to go for the pirate. I have a real difficult time with getting turned on by descriptions of guys in the Georgian period, too (with the wigs and frilly shirts and high heels). I just can’t get past thinking they look silly and getting the fit of the giggles.

Now, that being said, I still wouldn’t kick Liam Neeson (dressed as he was in Rob Roy) out of my bed for eating crackers! LOL If I had a choice, though, it would be the pirate.

· December 5th, 2007 at 5:45 pm · Link

So far the pirate is outpolling the guy in a skirt. Hellion, http://www.fancyephemera has fabulous paper dolls. That’s where I found these (under The Romantic Hero). I loved paper dolls as a kid but I was never a neat cutter.

7. Anonymous
     · December 5th, 2007 at 11:31 pm · Link

Can I have the Highlander on a warm Carribean island?

8. Anonymous
     · December 5th, 2007 at 11:38 pm · Link

Wait, the smell of warm, wet wool if he fell into the Carribean. Hmm, maybe not. Alright. The pirate. But he must have a Scottish accent!

9. Keira Soleore
     · December 5th, 2007 at 11:47 pm · Link

The braw braw braw lad for me, kthx. Can anyone say, Gerard Butler? Or how about James McAvoy? YES!

· December 6th, 2007 at 1:55 pm · Link

I believe I can deal with a kilt but I’m with Irish on the Georgian period clothing. I can’t get past the wigs and funky shoes either. Just doesn’t fit in my brain.

11. Lenora Bell
     · December 6th, 2007 at 4:47 pm · Link

Give me the pirate. And make his name Captain Jack Sparrow. I love those paper dolls! Off to visit Hellion…

12. Tessa Dare
     · December 6th, 2007 at 7:36 pm · Link

Ooh, so hard to choose. But given my current WIP, I think I must choose the pirate. Yum.

I’m tempted to print those out and put Mr. Dare’s face in them. 🙂

13. Gillian Layne
     · December 6th, 2007 at 9:18 pm · Link

The Scot. No question, didn’t even have to think about it.

Ok, the fact that I’ve been listening to Jude Deveraux’s Temptation on CD in the truck all week has nothing to do with it…..

· December 6th, 2007 at 10:34 pm · Link

Scot, please–he has an accent, and well, I love accents.

Plus, pirates do the I’m going around the world to seek my treasure… so, hmmm…

Damn, I thought this was a clear-cut decision but then I just remembered Orly Bloom… Sigh.

· December 6th, 2007 at 10:40 pm · Link

I’m not terribly looks-focused and I don’t like six-pack abs on principle (ok, if he has those kind of abs he probably spends all his time in the gym thinking about how he looks–doesn’t he have a job? doesn’t he READ? Doesn’t he help the poor?)

So I’m thinking the Scot. First of all, he probably has an actual (even if freezing cold) dwelling place filled with alcohol and books (and maybe he’s even read some books and been to St. Andrews for a bit of schooling and we could talk between fits of passion). I’m thinking wool blankets and big fireplaces and whiskey and shortbread. . .

Also just imagine that accent in your ear in the morning, or on the phone. . .sigh.

What would you get with a pirate? Storms and gunpowder and salted fish and hardtack and bunk beds and no privacy and lots of onlookers with bad teeth.

Yup. It’s the Scot for me!

· December 7th, 2007 at 8:46 am · Link

RevM, a compelling argument for the Scot, particularly the whiskey and books part. But it’s still only 5 for the Highlander (me, Keira, Gillian, Lady Tink, you). All those other ladies want the pirate (or both, I believe, LOL). And it really is hard to choose, isn’t it? I’d be tempted to make my next hero a pirate, but I get seasick and don’t know a damn thing about rigging.

17. Santa
     · December 7th, 2007 at 9:50 pm · Link

Make that six, Maggie. I’ll always take a Celt or a Scot. I can’t decide if I like the tartan all around or the kilt with a crisp lawn shirt and cravat….