Jun 26
2008
Just a Joke

Last night my friend and I were sitting in the den and I said to her, “I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine and fluids from a bottle to keep me alive. That would be no quality of life at all. If that ever happens, just pull the plug.”So she got up, unplugged the computer, and tossed my wine in the garbage.She’s such a bitch.

Thanks to my friend Claudia (who is not a bitch) for the joke. I am unplugging for a bit and will not be blogging until after July 4. Have a wonderful Independence Day (and every other day, too)!

Red wine or white? What’s your favorite cocktail? Should I take the laptop with me on vacation?

10 comments to “Just a Joke”

· June 26th, 2008 at 8:52 am · Link

I love that Maxine comic. Have a great vacation, Maggie. And I can’t believe I’m saying this but leave the comp at home. Hang by the pool, have some drinks, and enjoy some good books. Oh, and enjoy the hubby. 🙂

Happy 4th!

2. MistyJo
     · June 26th, 2008 at 9:50 am · Link

Maggie, I’m with Terri, “leave the comp at home.” Have a wonderful time!

I cannot believe that July is almost here. *sigh*

3. skirbo
     · June 26th, 2008 at 10:49 am · Link

Have a fantastic vacation. It might be hard to do, but you probably ought to leave it at home.

Sarah

· June 26th, 2008 at 12:47 pm · Link

I can’t tell you to leave the computer at home since I’m taking mine on my vacation. It would sound too hypocritical of me, but then again… hypocrisy can be my new middle name.

If you get itchy fingers, you can always write longhand. Plus, you’ll have fun betting. Bet on Red 19.

Have a fun, safe trip to Vegas—don’t do anything crazy. Well… not too much craziness anyway.

5. Anonymous
     · June 26th, 2008 at 3:55 pm · Link

Thanks for a great laugh! Have a wonderful time on your vacation.

· June 26th, 2008 at 8:30 pm · Link

Love the Maxine joke, Maggie!

I hope you and Mr. R have a wonderful vacation with lots of fun, lots of rest, and lots of wins.

· June 27th, 2008 at 8:15 am · Link

Really? No laptop? No Internet at all?*starts shaking uncontrollably, looks for wine but finds a mug of boring tea instead*

Thanks for the good vacation wishes, Terri, Misty, Ely, Sarah,Janga,and Anon! We leave early Sunday AM. It will be over 100 degrees all week so I will read and bake, with plenty of sunblock.

8. Tiffany Kenzie
     · June 27th, 2008 at 9:39 am · Link

God, I’ve been off the net for a week and it’s killing me! Not by choice!

Maggie, bring the computer, you’ll regret it if you don’t 🙂

And your friend is hilarious! AND I love red, I can’t do any white’s. And my fave cocktail at the moment Navan (Cognac) with pineapple juice and ice… mmmmmmm…..

9. Gillian Layne
     · June 30th, 2008 at 9:40 am · Link

Are you kiddin’? I haven’t blogged for almost a month, and hardly noticed–this month’s been a blur! Have a great Fourth, Maggie! 🙂

10. J.K. Coi