Aug 18
2008
Sign Me Up

It’s been a wild week. I am thrilled to announce that Laura Bradford of the Bradford Literary Agency has offered to represent me and Paradise! According to Publishers Marketplace, she’s ranked #2 on their list of top dealmakers in romance fiction. Even after I babbled like a complete, consummate, crazed idiot on the phone for forty-five minutes, she didn’t change her mind. I’ll be doing some tweaking to get it ready. Cross your fingers, toes and eyes.

In other news, I made it through the first revisions of Mistress by Midnight. I also entered it into another contest. I’m 1/3 of the way through Mistress by Mistake, too. (That’s 32,600 words in two weeks.) And I’ve worked on the premise for the ‘Courtesan Court’ trilogy.I’ve actually plotted! Not a lot, but still. *g* I’d have to say the summer was pretty good writing-wise, even if it rained a lot. The weather kept me indoors hunched over a hot keyboard. šŸ˜‰

But one of the best things to happen this past week was to talk on the phone to one of my Vauxhall Vixens critique partners, Elyssa Papa. She and Tiffany Kenzie and J.K. Coi have been so super supportive! (and they put up with my alliteration too) I don’t know what I’d do without them. They even sent me a basket with wine and goodies to celebrate. I told them I’d try to save the wine for when we finally all get together, but I can’t make any promises, LOL. And one bottle won’t be enough anyway. Vixen kisses and hugs all around.

Congratulations to Courtney Milan, who also had a great week. Her first book Proof of Surrender will be published by HQN in the fall of 2009!

31 comments to “Sign Me Up”

1. Tiffany Kenzie
     · August 18th, 2008 at 8:21 am · Link

You know we are all so happy for you. And I love your alliteration, it’s rubbed off on me!

DOES THE HAPPY DANCE FOR MAGGIE!

I knew how special Paradise was when I read it, and I’m so glad you found an agent that is enthusiastic and great all around to help you sell her.

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOO

2. J.K. Coi
     · August 18th, 2008 at 8:24 am · Link

I’m still squeeing every time I think about this fabulous news! Paradise is a wonderful book and bo one ever had a doubt it would find a home, but even more YOU are a fantastic writer and deserve the best agent. I’m glad you’ve found that in Laura.

Congratulations! I can’t wait for the Vixens to all share in a glass of wine (although I’m thinking it won’t be from that particular bottle šŸ™‚

3. J.K. Coi
     · August 18th, 2008 at 8:25 am · Link

And may I just say again OMG on that wordcount…

· August 18th, 2008 at 9:25 am · Link

Holy Shite!!!! Are you kidding?!

Whooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!!!!

*snoopy dancing around office*

Oh, Maggie, I’m so excited for you. This is HUGE!!! I just knew you’d make it. Your stuff is so dang good!

Congratulations and hugs and kisses and WHOOT! I can’t believe it! LOL! I can’t decide if I want to laugh or cry. Maybe I’ll do a little of both. LOL!

· August 18th, 2008 at 10:29 am · Link

What wonderful news, Maggie! I’m so happy for you. You know how much I love the bits of Paradise that I have read, and I fully expect to be squeeing for you again in the near future when you tell us what smart publisher has offered you a contract. When I see Maggie Robinson books at my local bookstore, I’ll boast that I’ve been a fan since the first drabbles. šŸ™‚

· August 18th, 2008 at 11:39 am · Link

WOOHOO, MAGGI!!! CONGRATS!!!

You know how ecstatic I am for you! I told you that Paradise would find you an agent; I love when I’m right! LOL.

Paradise is going to enthrall everyone who reads it; they’re going to fall in love with Eden and Hart like I did and root for their HEA. Frankly, Maggie, everyone’s going to love this book and others (including the Court trilogy).

I’m just thrilled for you and so happy that I can count you as a CP and a great friend! WOOHOO!

· August 18th, 2008 at 11:47 am · Link

LOL. I’m hangin’ with the chicken counters, but I’m not counting those fluffy balls of feathers just yet! Thanks so much for your good wishes. Terri, you’ve got my permission to cry AND laugh. I know I did. Vixens, you are the BEST. Janga, the drabbles and the BonBons started it all, LOL. XXOO

8. Lindsey
     · August 18th, 2008 at 12:08 pm · Link

SQUEEE!!! This is fabulous news, Maggie. Congrats! I met Laura in passing at the Lori Foster event, and she seemed awesome.

Big things are surely just around the corner for you – can’t wait for further celebrations!

9. Kim
     · August 18th, 2008 at 12:18 pm · Link

MAGGIE!! How awesome! I’m so thrilled for you.

WOOT!

· August 18th, 2008 at 12:42 pm · Link

Maggie! What exciting, wonderful news! I am such a fan–of your writing, of course (the tantalizing bits I’ve read)–but most of all of YOU, just you. I’m keeping you in my thoughts (okay, and prayers, too) as you begin this new and amazing adventure. Hooray for Maggie!

(PS My own great news is that I got my eyes lasered last week and I can see without glasses for the first time since I was eight years old. . .yay!)

11. skirbo
     · August 18th, 2008 at 12:46 pm · Link

Super huge congratulations lady! I’m so glad to hear it!

Sarah

12. PJ
     · August 18th, 2008 at 1:45 pm · Link

Maggie, what wonderful news! I’m so thrilled for you. This is something you richly deserve. I fully expect to hear about a sale soon. šŸ™‚

Doing the happy dance!

13. Kelly Krysten
     · August 18th, 2008 at 1:55 pm · Link

Squee!!Oh, Maggie, that’s so fantastic. Now I can tell everyone I knew you when! You totally deserve this.

14. Stephanie J
     · August 18th, 2008 at 2:06 pm · Link

YAAAAAAAAY!!!! Congratulations!!! That’s so exciting! šŸ™‚ I can’t wait to hear about what’s to come for you because I know it will only get better and better!

15. Jackie Barbosa
     · August 18th, 2008 at 2:10 pm · Link

That’s super news, Maggie, congratulations! I’ve spoken to Laura and she’s great, so you’ve done very well!

· August 18th, 2008 at 2:53 pm · Link

RevM, congratulations to YOU! And keep praying! I have to wear my glasses to find the bathroom in the middle of the night, LOL. I used to wear contacts, but when middle-age set in, they became uncomfortable.

Lindsey, PJ, Steph, Kim,Kelly, Sarah, Jackie (who’ve I missed?)—thank you all so much for your good wishes. It means so much to me to have you stop by! This online romance community is the best network on earth! XXOO (you can tell I’m kind of giddy)

17. Santa
     · August 18th, 2008 at 4:54 pm · Link

OMG!!! I am so happy for you! Janga, bless her heart, is spreading the word over at the EJ/JQ BB!

I am soooo happy for you. Go over to the Vagabonds and get a slice of that Squeee cake!

More great books to read from folks I knew back in the day!

18. Santa
     · August 18th, 2008 at 4:57 pm · Link

Opps, it was Ely not Janga! I just got so excited, I forgot myself!

Sorry darlin’!

19. Marnee Jo
     · August 18th, 2008 at 9:29 pm · Link

This is such wonderful news!

Maggie, this couldn’t have happened to a nicer lady. I’m so happy for you and I wish you the best luck while you and Paradise make the editor rounds. šŸ™‚

Please keep us posted (I know you will) and I’ll keep everything crossed for you!

20. Gillian Layne
     · August 18th, 2008 at 10:52 pm · Link

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!! šŸ™‚

· August 19th, 2008 at 11:57 am · Link

OMG!!!!! Maggie this is wonderful! I am so, so excited for you! I feel like I can’t skip a day, good news is exploding like it’s the 4th of July!

I’m giddy about going into a bookstore and seeing your name on the shelf! I’m gonna have to open up a “buying all my friends books” fund! I’m gonna go broke! Gladly!!!!

You so deserve this! What great news to start my day with! Okay, I’m rambling. I’ll stop now.

· August 19th, 2008 at 1:57 pm · Link

CONGRATULATIONS!! This is such exciting news! You so deserve this!!!

23. BernardL
     · August 20th, 2008 at 8:47 am · Link

It is always a pleasure to read about hard work finally paying off. Very nice.

· August 20th, 2008 at 9:06 am · Link

Santa, you must be hoarse from squeeing by now! Thanks for sharing in my excitement.

Thank you Bernard. You know I depend upon you for the male POV here! (I won’t let my husband comment, LOL)

Thanks, Gillian and Irish!!! Exclamation points right back at ya!!!

Marnee and Hellion! It’s great to have you Pirates aboard my tugboat! Thanks everybody.

25. Tessa Dare
     · August 21st, 2008 at 8:41 pm · Link

Maggie, this is so wonderful! I’m just getting back in the country, and I’m go glad to come home to more fabulous news! Not that it comes as any surprise, of course. You’re so marvelously talented, and I can’t wait to read Paradise. Can’t wait to celebrate the big sale first!
    xoxo,
    Tessa

· August 22nd, 2008 at 7:20 am · Link

Welcome home, Tessa! Hope you and all the Dares had a great time. Thanks so much for everything, mostly for being an inspiration! šŸ™‚

27. Cynthia Eden
     · August 22nd, 2008 at 2:44 pm · Link

Hi, Maggie! Manda just told me your good news and I wanted to come and offer my congratulations. šŸ™‚ Congrats!!

I’m also repped by Laura and I love her.

· August 22nd, 2008 at 3:25 pm · Link

Thanks so much, Cynthia. LB’s notes have been spectacular. I really feel I’m in good hands! So glad to join you all!

29. Romance Novel TV
     · August 24th, 2008 at 2:39 pm · Link

What FABULOUS news – Congratulations… very, very exciting!

Hugs – Maria

· August 24th, 2008 at 2:51 pm · Link

Thanks, Maria! This has been a great summer for so many reasons. Hope I get to DC next year to see you live! (that’s live with a long i sound, LOL)

31. Denise A. Agnew
     · September 12th, 2008 at 12:54 pm · Link

Maggie,

Just discovered your blog!! Delighted that Laura has taken you on. She’s an awesome. Welcome to the Bradford Bunch!

Denise A. Agnew