Mar 6
2009
Change of Pace

This has nothing to do with romance, but something to do with love. I’m so proud of my youngest daughter. She works for the non-profit organization Citizen Schools as a team leader in their after school program in the Boston area. Like many non-profits, Citizen Schools is feeling the pinch of the economic downturn. Campuses have closed, there have been staff layoffs, and kids are at risk. Employees have been asked to raise money, and I’m providing the link to Abby’s donation page. Don’t worry. You can read her page without money being sucked immediately through the Internet, and find out more about Citizen Schools, too. Any amount, no matter how modest, will be appreciated. Citizen Schools was featured in Time Magazine’s 21 Ways to Serve America. Read Abby’s story and spread the word!
P.S. I told Abby I was going to put up this post, and she thanked me profusely. Then she squealed. “You mean, it’s right above your last post? The one about, um, about…” It’s tough to have a romance writer for a mom, LOL.

6 comments to “Change of Pace”

· March 7th, 2009 at 9:19 am · Link

Maggie, your daughter amazes me with her generosity, caring, and maturity. She is so together and awesome. But this doesn’t surprise me one bit since she is part of the fabulous Robinson family.

· March 7th, 2009 at 9:32 am · Link

Aw. Sniff. Thanks, Ely. All my kids have a great work ethic. I think it’s because I made them make their own breakfast all those years ago, LOL.

3. Tiffany Chalmers
     · March 7th, 2009 at 11:27 am · Link

Oh, so you mean my kids are on the right track then???? LOL! They make their own breakfast.

Your kids are wonderfully accomplished, Maggie.

· March 8th, 2009 at 12:26 am · Link

My kid does pretty well out of necessity (read: I’m lazy) but I need to increase her chore list.

What a great blog and a great cause. Okay, and a great mom. LOL! I’ve never heard of this program but I’ll be looking into it!

· March 8th, 2009 at 9:28 am · Link

Thanks, Tiff. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.*w*

Terri, thank you, too. Citizen Schools is nationwide and does a lot of good for the communities it serves. Abby once swore she’d never teach (with aprincipal for a dad and a teacher for a mom), so we think it’s funny she’s so involved and great with kids.

6. Anonymous
     · March 10th, 2009 at 10:11 am · Link

Thank goodness my mother has such a wonderful network of people. Thank you all for your generous donations to Citizen Schools. Thanks MOM for blogging, even next to your “Va Jay Jay” blog. You are pretty freakin’ awesome. ~Daughter #3~