Apr 16
2009
Wow

Words kind of fail, so I’ll just let this snippet from Publishers Marketplace say it for me:

Maggie Robinson’s PARADISE, in which an honorable man in the market for a virtuous wife must address the complication of his late Uncle’s ward, who he discovers was also his late Uncle’s mistress, the subject of an erotic book called The Education of a Young Lady of Doubtful Virtue and the woman who makes him forget all his good intentions, to Kate Seaver at Berkley Heat, in a nice deal, in a two-book deal, for publication in Summer 2010, by Laura Bradford at Bradford Literary Agency.
Posted:
April 16, 2009 at 1:05 p.m. Eastern

Thank you, Laura Bradford! Thank you, Kate Seaver! Thank you, best critique partners ever—Elyssa Papa, Tiffany Chalmers and J.K. Coi. Thanks to the wonderful women I’ve met along the writing road—super-inspiring authors, Pirates. Vagabonds, FanLitters and Bon Bons. Thanks to my family, most especially to my husband, who has done without dinner and matching socks for several years now.

This is beginning to sound like an Academy Awards speech, so I’ll stop babbling. Going off to pinch myself and celebrate in Las Vegas. The trip was planned long before recent events, LOL. The laptop is coming along for revisions. See you in a bit!

33 comments to “Wow”

1. Manda
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:21 pm · Link

Squeeeeee!!!!!! Supercongratulations, Maggie! This is wonderful news! Not surprised a bit because you’re an awesome writer, but its great to see that a publisher thinks so too!

Hugs!
    Manda

2. Tiffany Chalmers
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:24 pm · Link

YAY MAGGIE! This it just get’s better and better from here on out!

This is the bestest news of the week!!!!

3. beverley
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:31 pm · Link

OMG!!!!! Maggie this is WONDERFUL NEWSSSSS!!!!! I’m sooooooo very happy for you. I hope you’re going to DC this year!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEE!!! Completely AWESOME!!!!!!

4. Juliana Stone
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:31 pm · Link

Hi Maggie! Found my way here via Laura’s website! I saw the announcement on PM….thrilled for you! Very cool news!

· April 16th, 2009 at 1:36 pm · Link

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. PJ
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:43 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie! I’m so excited for you and also excited for me because now I get to read PARADISE! (grin) Have a wonderful time in Vegas and enjoy the celebration. You’ve earned it!

Hugs,
    ~PJ

7. Laura
     · April 16th, 2009 at 1:53 pm · Link

Congratulations!!

· April 16th, 2009 at 1:54 pm · Link

*jumping up and down and giggling like a little girl*

I AM SO EXCITING FOR YOU, MAGGIE!!!

Gosh, you deserve this so much. So exciting! (I said that already didn’t I?…LOL!)

I can’t wait to get your books and to wait in line for you to sign them and I’m with Beverly, tell me this means I’ll get to give you the real life celebratory hug at Nationals!

· April 16th, 2009 at 1:56 pm · Link

THIS KICKS ASS! You so totally deserve this, and I cannot wait to buy your book! Congratulations!

· April 16th, 2009 at 1:58 pm · Link

And PARADISE is such an amazing book . . . I am beyond thrilled for you, Maggie, that it’s going to be on the shelves. Oh my god. You’re going to be on the shelves and near Nora Roberts.

SQUEEING AGAIN!!!!

11. Jackie Barbosa
     · April 16th, 2009 at 2:03 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie! I knew when you signed with Laura it wouldn’t be long. Welcome to the wonderful, exciting, and occasionally scary world published authordom. It’s always good to have more company :).

12. Tris
     · April 16th, 2009 at 2:08 pm · Link

Congratz Maggie!!

Can’t wait for all that is to come =D

13. J.K. Coi
     · April 16th, 2009 at 2:27 pm · Link

MAGGIE, this is so AWESOME!!
    I’m so happy, I’m going to be partying for you (with you) all weekend!!!
    Congratulations AGAIN!

· April 16th, 2009 at 2:40 pm · Link

Thanks everybody! I’m still at work, still unable to scream in the library for the second day running. I think I may need to check out some self-help books. :)XXOO.

15. Tessa Dare
     · April 16th, 2009 at 2:43 pm · Link

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!

Maggie, I’m so, so thrilled for you. We’ve known for some time now what an amazing talent you are, and now the world will know it too! Good on LB and Berkley, and huge, sloppy hugs to you!

· April 16th, 2009 at 4:02 pm · Link

Squeee!!! I’m so happy for you, Maggie! I knew you would get the news some day; it’s grand that it is this day. And I have believed in Paradise since I read the first snippet. Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!

17. Renee
     · April 16th, 2009 at 5:05 pm · Link

MAGGIE!!!!!!! Wow! That is awesome and well deserved. I haven’t been around much, but I had to come say WHOOOOHOOOO!

Now go celebrate!

Renee

18. India Carolina
     · April 16th, 2009 at 5:27 pm · Link

Maggie Robinson DOES mean romance! And an inspiration to us all. Am thrillllled for you! So well-deserved! HUGS!

19. Lisa
     · April 16th, 2009 at 7:12 pm · Link

Well deserved Maggie! Congratulations,I can’t imagine how wonderful you must feel. Enjoy the ride.

20. lacey kaye
     · April 16th, 2009 at 7:27 pm · Link

Yay yay yay yay!!!!!

21. Lara Lee
     · April 16th, 2009 at 7:55 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie!!! Such fantastic news!!!

Laurie

22. Stephanie J
     · April 16th, 2009 at 8:31 pm · Link

Wahoooooooooo!!!! Super, great big, huge congratulations! I am SO excited for you. Can’t wait for 2010!!!! 🙂

· April 16th, 2009 at 8:52 pm · Link

Thanks to all of you for sharing my crazy day! Now, will I wake up worrying at 2 AM again, or sleep through the night?

· April 16th, 2009 at 9:06 pm · Link

I’m so late to the party but Congrats again, Maggie! This is just totally awesome! I cannot wait to get my hands on Paradise! We’ve known for quite some time what a gem you are – it’s nice that a publisher finally caught on! And to quote Hellion – “THIS KICKS ASS!”

*Irish sitting at her computer with a very stupid grin on her face*

25. Marnee Jo
     · April 16th, 2009 at 9:55 pm · Link

Hooray!! I get to squee here too!! SQUUUEEEE!!!

Congratulations Maggie! It couldn’t happen to a nicer lady. 🙂

26. Gillian Layne
     · April 16th, 2009 at 10:20 pm · Link

I left a congrats on Facebook but here’s another–you SO deserve this success, just the first of many! Enjoy!

27. Mary Danielson
     · April 16th, 2009 at 11:35 pm · Link

Maggie!! That’s AMAZING! Many congratulations!

28. BernardL
     · April 17th, 2009 at 9:14 am · Link

Outstanding!

· April 17th, 2009 at 9:33 am · Link

Thank you all so much! Still pinching self. I’m getting black and blue. 🙂

· April 17th, 2009 at 11:55 am · Link

Maggie, I am so thrilled for you! I can’t wait to read it, and the next one, and the next. . .you author you!

Sending love and congratulations your way,

Melinda

31. Darcy Burke
     · April 17th, 2009 at 4:43 pm · Link

Late to the party, but super congrats, Maggie!!!! I just love hearing about sales (second one this week of someone I know – squee!).

Looking forward to summer 2010!
    Hugs,
    Darcy

32. seton
     · April 17th, 2009 at 8:29 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie! Berkley Heat is a fab line! I’m thrilled for you!

33. Evangeline
     · April 19th, 2009 at 8:18 am · Link

Congratulations! I’ve been lurking at your blog since midway through last year and you deserve this! Your perseverance is an inspiration to me.