May 7
2009
Not Hidden Anymore!

I bet you’ve been checking and checking, saying to yourself, Maggie posts once a week. She’s dependable, like a good bowl of oatmeal with cream and brown sugar and maybe even a pat of butter. Where the heck is she?

I’ve been lounging about like these ladies to the left, sitting on exciting news. Congratulations to Tiffany Chalmers, Vixen Extraordinnaire, on the sale of her exotic, delicious Hidden Beauty! Much better than oatmeal! Tiff is St. Martin’s Press’s (look at all those esses and apostrophes) latest author. We’re pretty excited in the Pleasure Gardens, so drop on by and wish Tiff the best as she begins what will be a long and luscious career.

As for me, I have been madly ripping apart the last seventy-five pages of Paradise (eventually to be re-titled). I said somewhere it’s been like drowning kittens. But when I’m done I hope to have a stronger third act. My perfect hero Hart’s bad boy side is finally showing itself. I always knew he had it in him. *w* My Courtesan Court trilogy is also making the rounds, so synopses had to be written and a few things tweaked. For a day I was working on four books simultaneously and I’m happy to say my head didn’t explode.

What secret have you been keeping? What’s making your head explode? Tell all!

10 comments to “Not Hidden Anymore!”

1. Tiffany Chalmers
     · May 7th, 2009 at 3:47 pm · Link

AWESOMENESS THANK YOU MAGGIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT an awesome Crit partner you are!

This is my big secret… for more than a week now! LOL I’m so glad I can share! And pass on the great news! SQUEEE!!!!!!

· May 7th, 2009 at 3:47 pm · Link

YAY, TIFF!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy and excited for her!

3. Anonymous
     · May 7th, 2009 at 4:20 pm · Link

What will Paradise’s new title be?

· May 7th, 2009 at 5:24 pm · Link

Anon, I don’t know yet. 🙂 My editor made a suggestion that actually made me think about the book in a whole new way—I’ll let you all know when it’s decided.

Yay, Tiff! And yay to you too Ely!

· May 7th, 2009 at 5:27 pm · Link

I’ve been squeeing for Tiff all over the Net. 🙂 What grand news! And the Vixens are great secret keepers.

I hope you end up with a terrific title, Maggie, but I will always think of this book as Paradise.

· May 7th, 2009 at 6:12 pm · Link

You gals are on fire lately! This is such awesome news. I’m very happy for Tiff!

You’re sounding like an honest to goodness professional writer, Maggie! 🙂

· May 8th, 2009 at 6:06 am · Link

LOL, Irish. Trust me…I still think this is a dream and I’m going to wake up. But it’s feels great to finally have deadlines! (me, who hated homework)

Janga, there can never be too much squeeing. And you want to hear something funny? Tiff would have named her book Paradise if I hadn’t already staked a claim to it!

8. Tiffany Chalmers
     · May 8th, 2009 at 7:18 am · Link

Ain’t that the truth! I wanted to name Hidden Beauty Paradise soooo bad… So my working title for the book, for the longest time, was Jinan—which translates to Paradise! LOL

· May 11th, 2009 at 2:07 pm · Link

I am late in my squeeeing but SQUEEEE to you both!

Four books at one time? Do you even know what day it is? LOL!

· May 11th, 2009 at 7:26 pm · Link

Terri, no. 😉 I worked on the revision in the morning and then found out I had to do a summary of three in the afternoon. Needless to say, I stayed up all night wondering if I got names mixed up, LOL.