Jun 23
2009
Tempting Eden

Paradise, like Maggie, has been rechristened. No holy water was involved, however. *g* With the help of my crit partners and agent, we submitted a list to Berkley. My very favorite of the choices, Tempting Eden was approved. Eden is my heroine’s name, but it works on other levels, too. My tortured heroine will make the transition from hell to her own kind of heaven, thanks to Hart, a man of unusual honor who risks everything when he’s tempted himself.
The contract has been signed and mailed, so each day everything becomes more crystalline. Here’s an interesting paradise quote which works so beautifully for my story courtesy of Laura Bradford:
Ah, to think how thin the veil that lies Between the pain of hell and Paradise. George William Russell

So, what’s your idea of heaven on earth? Sleeping in? Unlimited chocolate? Cute shoes? World peace? Somebody take over now.

16 comments to “Tempting Eden”

· June 24th, 2009 at 3:40 am · Link

I love the new title!!! Yay!!! It fits the story to perfection.

Heaven on Earth: Puppies sans accidents. Chocolate. Richard Armitage. No bills!

2. Tiffany Chalmers w/a Tiffany Clare
     · June 24th, 2009 at 6:27 am · Link

I love the new title, too!
    Heaven on Earth? Breakfast in bed, every day for the rest of my life 🙂

I forget what sleeping in is… I don't usually make it past eight or nine when I'm 'sleeping in'.

3. MistyJo
     · June 24th, 2009 at 10:10 am · Link

Intriguing title!

Heaven on Earth: my own library, a baby's giggle, and lighting bugs at dusk.

4. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 24th, 2009 at 11:53 am · Link

Misty, you have a poet's soul. Lovely heavenly things!

Tiff, I'd need lots of those bolster pillows to manage b in b. But as long is someone else is doing the cooking, I'm all for it!

Ely, I hear you on the bills. The best thing my husband has done is pay stuff online. Somehow without the paper it's less painful. 🙂

· June 24th, 2009 at 12:11 pm · Link

Tempting Eden is a marvelous title! My favorite titles are those with layered meanings.

My idea of Heaven on Earth right now is no doctor's visits, no income taxes, and calorie-free ice cream.

· June 25th, 2009 at 12:29 am · Link

Great title, Maggie!

Wow, Heaven on Earth, huh? a Barnes and Noble gift card that never expires (and no more medical problems).

Do you have a new puppy, Ely?

· June 25th, 2009 at 1:15 am · Link

No, Irish, no puppy. If I can't keep a plant alive, I don't think I should have a pet.

8. J.K. Coi
     · June 25th, 2009 at 7:34 am · Link

Sleeping in is definitely my idea of heaven on earth. Hubby and kiddo are "morning people" and I am not. What really bugs me sometimes is that, even if we have NOTHING to do, they will still wake me up on saturday morning by 7:30. Urgh.

9. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 25th, 2009 at 8:28 am · Link

Janga, I considered myself very virtuous yesterday when I had a huge red Solo cup full of Breyer's chocolate/vanilla ice cream, but I didn't heat the hot fudge sauce in the microwave. So that was calorie-free, right? 😉

Irsh, unlimited books…yes, definitely heaven!

JK, I'd just settle for sleeping at night at this point, LOL.

· June 25th, 2009 at 1:27 pm · Link

I just can't get over it. I just keep repeating how EXCITING it all is. LOL!

Love the title and the new name and the website and can't wait to see the cover.

And to read the books, of course. LOL!

· June 25th, 2009 at 1:28 pm · Link

Forgot to answer the question. LOL!

Heavon on Earth – FREEDOM! (Sorry, this end of school thing just feels so dang good. LOL!)

12. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 25th, 2009 at 7:57 pm · Link

Terri, with your luck, you will WIN all my books, LOL. You must be beyond excited to be done with school. Congratulations! Tossing virtual mortarboard in air!

· June 25th, 2009 at 8:11 pm · Link

How about even if I win, I'll still buy them. My mom and sister will love them too. LOL! And I can say, "Here, my friend wrote this. You should really read it."

It's like *author dropping*. LOL!

14. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 25th, 2009 at 8:25 pm · Link

I'll put you in charge of my fans,Terri. 😉

· June 25th, 2009 at 8:42 pm · Link

Cool. If I'm doing PR then I'm using this degree I'm paying a FREAKING FORTUNE for. LOL! Why did I have to look at all those numbers added together?

16. Stephanie J
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:07 pm · Link

I love the new title! It's so fantastic and I can't wait!