Jun 25
2009
Jumping for Joy

What a week! A new me (Margaret Rowe) and a new title (Tempting Eden) for Berkley. And now from Publishers Marketplace—

Maggie Robinson’s MISTRESS BY MISTAKE, a Regency-set historical romance and the first of the Courtesan Court series about the women who inhabit London’s infamous mistress row, to Megan Records at Kensington Brava, in a four-book deal plus two novellas, for publication in Summer 2010, by Laura Bradford at Bradford Literary Agency.

I am so thrilled my mistresses have found a home of their own. They won’t have to live in anonymity on Jane Street forever. (known as ‘Courtesan Court’ to the fictional Regency ton, and hopefully to a much wider real audience next July!) And I won’t be pseudonymous this time around—the books will have Maggie Robinson on the cover. To say I’m happy is a vast understatement. While I haven’t wrapped a big gold bow on myself and started leaping around, I’m coming pretty close. So Mistress by Mistake, Mistress by Midnight, Mistress by Marriage and Andrew’s book (working title: Master of Sin) will be out in the next couple of years. Counting the two Berkley titles, I have quite a bit of work ahead of me, and I hope everyone who is reading this will keep me company on my adventure and slap me around if you think I’m slacking.

Thanks again to my husband and kids for believing in me and being so supportive, and my genius agent Laura Bradford who is helpful, humorous, and handy with the red font writing MORE on my sex scenes. Because of her, I’ve gone from two sentences to two paragraphs to at least two pages, LOL. Her advice has been absolutely invaluable since she signed me in August 2008. My critique partners Ely, Tiff and Kris are so dear to my heart just thinking about them makes me weepy. They’re like extra Robinson girls, and you know how much I love my girls. Every single person I’ve ‘met’ online over the past three years has contributed in some way, and you’ve got my eternal gratitude. The romance community really is filled with a lot of love, and not just inside the book covers.

So Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe will keep you posted. But right now we’ve got to write some books….

26 comments to “Jumping for Joy”

· June 25th, 2009 at 10:23 pm · Link

WOOHOO!!!

CONGRATS!!!

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!

2. Renee
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:25 pm · Link

You are totally smoking hot!!!!!

3. Kelly Krysten
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:30 pm · Link

YAY! So awesome!!! Congrats!!! This is so well deserved.:)

4. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:30 pm · Link

Maybe it's just the hot flashes,Renee, LOL. My brain does feel fried, though. But I'm sooo excited.

5. J.K. Coi
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:36 pm · Link

THIS IS AWESOME! LOVE YOU!!

6. beverley
     · June 25th, 2009 at 10:45 pm · Link

SQUEEEEE!!!!! You're on a fire and I want to get close to that HEAT. Congrats Maggie!!!!

· June 26th, 2009 at 12:18 am · Link

Maggie, I am so excited, thrilled, happy for you! Congratulations and I can't wait to have all your books on my "keeper" shelf!

8. Jessa Slade
     · June 26th, 2009 at 12:42 am · Link

Saw Tessa Dare's tweet. Mega x multi-book contracts congrats! How absolutely thrilling.

9. Tessa Dare
     · June 26th, 2009 at 1:24 am · Link

Congratulations again, Maggie! I am in AWE of you! This is so wonderful, and I'm so happy we'll finally get to meet in Nashville!

· June 26th, 2009 at 3:50 am · Link

Oh, Maggie, how grand! This is wonderful news, and I don't know anyone more deserving of such success. Congratulations!

11. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 26th, 2009 at 6:09 am · Link

Tessa, I'm in awe of YOU! Can't wait to see GOTH on the shelves!So soon now. Squee!

Janga, thanks so much. I don't know if I 'deserve' anything, but I admit this is a very pleasant feeling, LOL.

Ely, thanks so much for all your help! XXOO.

Renee, I gave up smoking after my third baby, LOL. To be serious for a minute (I did understand your post),I had a 5 year old, a two year old,an infant and no free hands. The kids still give me grief for smoking when they were little and claim that my fourth baby turned out so 'perfect' because I didn't smoke anymore!

Thanks, Kelly, Kris and Bev! Everyone should visit Beverley's beautiful site, The Season!

Jessa, welcome to my blog and thanks so much! I love your name (one of my daughters is named Jessie).

Melinda, I do hope they don't defrock you if you read them, particularly Tempting Eden, LOL. My mistresses are actually less naughty, because all of them are respectable women who never expected to live on Jane Street.

12. Tiffany Chalmers w/a Tiffany Clare
     · June 26th, 2009 at 6:19 am · Link

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe I slept through the official announcement, dammit! LOL

Love you too, Maggs!

13. Renee
     · June 26th, 2009 at 10:35 am · Link

I'm sure hot flashes have nothing to do with it. I'm with Bev, I want to get close to the heat.

· June 26th, 2009 at 10:41 am · Link

Now I'm crying!

· June 26th, 2009 at 11:35 am · Link

Congratulations again Maggie!

May the muse be with you!

16. Christine Merrill
     · June 26th, 2009 at 11:46 am · Link

So happy I stuck my head in here and saw such wonderful news!

Many congrats on what sounds like a very juicy contract. And good luck and happiness in a long career!

17. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 26th, 2009 at 1:58 pm · Link

Woohoo! Christine Merrill's in the house! (huge Christine Merrill fan here, obviously)Thanks so much!Now maybe we can read each other's books, LOL.

Terri, I haven't cried yet, but have come close. Waiting for it all to sink in.

Thanks, Irish. That Muse better turn up or I'm in big trouble!

Tiff, I only wish I could sleep. Huge thunderstorm last night and that was the end of that.

I'll try not to burn you,Renee!

18. Gillian Layne
     · June 26th, 2009 at 2:04 pm · Link

Maggie, this is magnificent news–congratulations! πŸ™‚

19. Manda
     · June 26th, 2009 at 2:06 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to see your name in print!

20. MistyJo
     · June 26th, 2009 at 2:30 pm · Link

That's awesome, Maggie! I couldn't be happier for you! Without a doubt, you'll be a keeper, and I'll be one of your biggest fans.

21. Lisa Marie Wilkinson
     · June 26th, 2009 at 3:05 pm · Link

Maggie,
    I saw the announcement today in Publisher's Marketplace and I just shouted "Woo-hoo!" I am absolutely thrilled for you! What a wonderful accomplishment. I am looking forward to reading the series. Congratulations!

22. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 26th, 2009 at 5:20 pm · Link

Thanks, Manda, Gillian,Misty Jo and Lisa! I just talked to Megan Records on the phone. Squee! It really is real. πŸ™‚

23. Marnee Jo
     · June 27th, 2009 at 2:16 pm · Link

Squueeee!! This is awesome news Maggie! You really are on a roll.

24. Keira Soleore
     · June 28th, 2009 at 1:49 am · Link

You are flat-out amazing!!! That's eight books in the next 2-3 years. Fantastic!!!

25. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 28th, 2009 at 3:15 am · Link

Marnee, I do feel incredibly lucky. So much has happened in the past two months after a long stretch of writing in the dark. πŸ™‚

Keira, I know. Isn't it the craziest thing? And 8 is my lucky number, LOL.

26. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · June 28th, 2009 at 3:16 am · Link

Of course, I have to write some of them…