Jul 13
2009
Chirp

I have fallen out of the nest onto my head. Yes, I signed up for Twitter. I’ve updated my MySpace and Facebook pages too, so my social networking has taken flight.

Now, I’m a friendly person in general. Strangers speak to me in grocery store lines and tell me all sorts of things I don’t really want to know. But I really like to keep a low profile. However, I do see the advantages in keeping current with the writing scene. I just have to make sure I’m not too sucked in. I already spent way too much time picking out the background wallpaper, LOL. This is my solemn pledge that I will not tweet on what I ate for lunch or how much my new shoes cost. (Actually, I haven’t even bought any new shoes in a couple of years. Must remedy that. )I shall be judicious and infrequent with those 140 characters.

Are you tweeting? What are you doing with your life? Have you bought new shoes?

10 comments to “Chirp”

· July 13th, 2009 at 2:44 pm · Link

I admit, I caved before you did. But I'm not seeing the fun in it. No offense to anyone, but I don't really care what everyone is doing at every moment and I'm not doing anything anyone else would care about either. LOL!

Besides, if you're on there all the time, how do you get anything done?

· July 13th, 2009 at 3:45 pm · Link

My tweets are few. I expect that to continue. And much of what I read, I find confusing.

I belong to the wrong demographic for Twitter, I fear. I need context, and context seems to have disappeared in today's social networking.

3. J.K. Coi
     · July 13th, 2009 at 7:08 pm · Link

I'm enjoying it to a certain extent. But as with everything on the net, I must limit exposure to get my real work done šŸ™‚

4. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · July 13th, 2009 at 8:20 pm · Link

Terri, I think I was the last person in America to sign up, LOL. And Janga, I agree about the lack of linear thought—unless you follow everyone your friend follows, you can't figure out what the conversation is. I just make stuff up—it's probably more interesting anyway.:) Kris, you are so disciplined when it comes to turning stuff off…following your example.

· July 13th, 2009 at 11:25 pm · Link

Oh, I love Twitter but my brain is very non-linear and can keep a handle on different subjects. Why my brain forgets other things is beyond me. šŸ™‚

· July 14th, 2009 at 11:16 pm · Link

No Maggie, I'm the last one in America not on Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, etc. etc.

I could lie and say I don't have time but in reality I don't think I'd be comfortable with all my info out there. And then I'd have to choose who to accept and who not to and that's just too much pressure for me.

I have some friends who are running into problems cause they are refusing to accept relatives and co-workers as friends. They have certain people they just don't want having access to all the other people in their lives. It sounds very stressful to me.

I'm basically an introvert who just wants to plod along day after day unobtrusively and not make waves. LOL

7. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · July 15th, 2009 at 11:05 am · Link

Irish, I understand. It's tricky to know what to post and how much to spill. My son just friended me on Facebook and I almost fell out of my desk chair. But I visit FB so infrequently I'm not apt to see anything I shouldn't, LOL.

Ely, I know my brain is a complete mystery, apart from the squadron of squirrels. And my memory for so much is atrocious. I try to trick myself and say I've only forgotten what's not important…

8. Linda Banche
     · July 15th, 2009 at 12:28 pm · Link

I have twitter, facebook and myspace,too. I feel overwhelmed. So much going on. There are people on all three of these who seem to spend all their time there. How does anyone do anything else?

9. Maggie Robinson w/a Margaret Rowe
     · July 15th, 2009 at 1:48 pm · Link

Linda, I think I'm saving my tweets for something really big. Right now I'm in a bit of a lull, just trying to make a self-imposed word count. I thought it was bad enough I blog-hopped so much, but now I'm even worse, LOL.

10. marciamellow1
     · July 27th, 2009 at 9:34 am · Link

Mercy me..I don't think I could do it…I'd have nightmares of getting a tweet from Palin….ewwwww…
    I did, however, just get a new pair of shoes at Mardens! Teva's on the $5.00 clearance rack. got to love a bargain…