Dec 9
2009
As the World Turns

Just a reminder—if your name is in the post below or if you’ve received the first Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe newsletter and haven’t sent me your mailing address yet, please do so! I sent out the first wave of promo packets this week, much to my postmistress’s delight. One even went to Australia!

I’m not much of a statistician, but the new websites are connected now to a stat counter, and it’s fascinating to see where people are coming from to visit this site. Ireland. Bulgaria. France. Norway.The intertubes are a divine mystery.

Speaking of mysteries, about 5,000 words to go on Master Of Sin and I have no idea how it’s going to end, LOL. I have revisions to think about for Mistress by Midnight, the second Courtesan Court book scheduled for the spring of 2011 from Kensington Brava. Still putting on the finishing touches for Tempting Eden for Berkley Heat. Debuting on the Bradford Bunch blog on December 18, where most of the authors repped by my fabulous agent Laura Bradford muse about their muses. Starting to schedule a blog tour for the spring, buying an ad in RT. Scary, exciting stuff!

Mistress_by_Mistake_-240x401Since it’s getting close to Christmas, I’m giving away another copy of Mistress by Mistake! This time, I can hold the actual book in my hand, becasue it’s not my Mistress, but the Golden Heart-winning Susan Gee Heino’s delightful debut for Berkley that shares the same title with my April 27, 2010 debut from Kensington! Yes, 2 books, 2 authors, 5 months apart, 1 title. Leave a comment and let me know how you’re doing getting ready for the holidays and the “other woman” will be yours if I draw your name. Check back next week for the winner.

I confess I’m nowhere near done shopping, but my little fake tabletop tree is up and the pine roping is on my front porch railing. Joy to the world.

P.S. When I titled this post, the cancellation of As the World Turns had not been announced. I haven’t seen the show since I was a little girl, watching it with my grandmother. Good-bye to 72 years of romance! Watching soap operas as a kid probably put me on the path I’m on today. Hm. I sense a future blog topic. 🙂

16 comments to “As the World Turns”

1. Cristen
     · December 9th, 2009 at 7:14 am · Link

I’m done my Christmas shopping, thankfully! The tree is up, the mantle is decorated, my outdoor lights are on, and the garland is wrapped around my banister! Looks like I’m pretty much ready…. except for wrapping. 😐

2. Susan Gee Heino
     · December 9th, 2009 at 8:55 am · Link

Hey, thanks sharing my little Mistress with the world, Maggie! It’s been such fun to play with both of them, hasn’t it? I’m really looking forward to getting a chance to hold yours in my eager hands and fans will get a shot at winning her on my blog in just a few months!

I’m girding my loins to head back into the shopping world today and maybe get mine pretty well finished up. Except, of course, for those last minute things that always seem to pop up. Hmm, why is that?

3. JK Coi
     · December 9th, 2009 at 9:25 am · Link

The world is such a big place, but we can all come together online (I sound like an ad for Google) 🙂

My christmas shopping is done and I think we’ll be putting up the tree on Sunday, but I guess that depends on whether we find one (real or fake hasn’t been decided yet) or not since we decided to throw away our old pathetic fake one last year.

The book is ALMOST finished! I’m getting there and it definitely will be finished before Christmas.

4. Sarah Tormey
     · December 9th, 2009 at 11:24 am · Link

I’d love to hear more about how you two ended up with the same great title! Of course the former sales rep in me is thinking that some accounts might become very confused, but at least the ISBNs will keep them apart:)

I am writing a list of what still needs to be done for the holidays. And then I might actually venture away from my computer and try to accomplish all the items on my list. We shall see . . .

5. Helena Cain
     · December 9th, 2009 at 12:18 pm · Link

I am not ready for Christmas yet!! I have put up half the Christmas lights on the house that I wanted. I have put up the Christmas tree and it is decorated! But I haven’t really bought any gifts yet! Hopefully after this weekend I will be ready for Christmas!

6. Terri Osburn
     · December 9th, 2009 at 3:36 pm · Link

I didn’t know they canceled As The World Turns. Are there any soaps left?

I’ve done some online shopping, but haven’t even dug the Christmas stuff out of the storage room. Fortunately, my neighbors decided to take over and decorate the front of my apartment on the outside. So I do look festive from the parking lot. 🙂

I’m worried about the cat destroying the tree. And pretty much everything else. Should be interesting to see what happens when those animated snowmen start singing and moving. LOL!

Congrats to both of you Mistress ladies! Can’t wait to get my packet in the mail!

7. Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe
     · December 9th, 2009 at 6:00 pm · Link

Sarah, Susuan’s original title was Mistaken by Moonlight. I thought I was so original—I’d already written Mistress by Midnight and wanted something to “go ” with it. Kensington kept all my titles, which is a rarity.

Terri, my old dog used to eat ornaments off the tree, hangers and all!

Helena, sound like you’re on my schedule. 🙂 I may shop tomorrow—I’m hanging out with a really pregnant daughter for a couple of days before the big event!

8. Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe
     · December 9th, 2009 at 6:02 pm · Link

Cristen, you’re putting me to shame.

J.K., I have a feeling you’re going to whiz by me. 🙂

Susan, I’m so tickled we can do this kind of together!

· December 9th, 2009 at 7:08 pm · Link

I don’t think I’ve ever before been this late getting a Christmas tree up, but I have a December 10 deadline that I’m struggling to meet. And I make time for my Christmas reading. Decorating and cookie baking have to wait till next week.

Happy Holidays, Maggie! A new wee one in the family is the best gift. Is he due to arrive before Christmas?

· December 9th, 2009 at 9:08 pm · Link

Janga, he was supposed to arrive for Thanksgiving,LOL. We’re hoping Friday’s the day. We’re all holed up in a charming hotel in Camden waiting.

11. Barbara Elness
     · December 10th, 2009 at 3:14 am · Link

I’ve heard of authors having the same title before, but I don’t think I’ve heard of anyone having the same one out at the same time. It might get a little confusing, but at least you’re having fun with it.

I have the next four days off, so I’m hoping to get my outside decorations done this long weekend. First I have to shop for some new lights because some of mine went out last year and I had no luck following the directions to replace bulbs to get them working again. I don’t put up a tree since it’s just me so that’s no problem, but I like to decorate outside. It’s so nice to come home in the evening to the festive glow of the Christmas lights.

12. Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe
     · December 10th, 2009 at 10:09 am · Link

Barbara,I live in Maine, and one would think you could find pine roping easily. Nope. I bought the last two lengths of it at my grocery store. I’ve given my ornaments to my oldest daughter, so I just do a mini-tree now, which is an enormous relief. I still get to admire her tree and don’t have the mess!

13. Irisheyes
     · December 10th, 2009 at 11:53 pm · Link

Okay, I’m stuck on the As The World Turns has been cancelled. Wow! First Guiding Light now ATWT. I watched those soaps for a lot of years. I haven’t watched one in a long, long time but still it seems very odd that they’re all dying out. I know what you mean Maggie about watching them when you were younger and that being what’s put you on your road to romance. I was a Luke & Laura junkie back in the day.

As for Xmas shopping. What’s that? I had the foresight to buy a couple of gifts a few months ago but have gotten pretty much nowhere since. My DH and I schedule a shopping day every year and this year it’s next Thursday. We don’t even have a game plan yet, so I’m kind of getting scared. The problem is that our kids are getting to the point where everything on their list is either inappropriate or way too expensive. I have no back up plan. That’s what I’ll be working on for the next six days.

I’m also getting carpeting installed next Wednesday so we haven’t decorated inside yet. Kind of a relief for me but they already think I’m scrooge around here cause I hate all the mess so I’m keeping quiet on that. I love the holidays but it takes a lot out of me.

14. Julie
     · December 11th, 2009 at 5:39 am · Link

Nearly done with present shopping, haven’t even started on wrapping, but overdosing happily on Christmas music! 😀

15. Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe
     · December 11th, 2009 at 10:30 am · Link

Julie, my oldest daughter found a radio station that plays Christmas music 24/7 from Thanksgiving until Christmas. She wouldn’t let me change the station when we were driving in her car—she’s addicted!

Irish, I haven’t watched soaps in ages, but my girls were big Days of Our Lives fans. When we’d go to the beach in the summer, they had to get back home by 1 to watch it, LOL.

16. attictcrymn
     · December 12th, 2009 at 9:58 pm · Link

I am always searching for brandnew blogposts in the world wide web about this matter. Thanks!!