Feb 3
2010
Lovely Links

More fun stuff! Every day brings something I never dared to expect. Linkage ahead.

From Katiebabs, a picture of her demon sheep King Mho enjoying a snuggle in a slanket with Mistress by Mistake. I could not embed it, but just click on over to Katie’s site and scroll down. I’ll still be here when you come back. 🙂

From India, 527 rupees buys you Mistress by Mistake.

A page at the Brava Authors site!

A teaser chapter from Margaret Rowe’s January 2011 Berkley Heat release Any Wicked Thing is going in the back of June 2010’s Tempting Eden.

I’m in great company! Beverley Kendall has beautiful bookmarks to promote The Season. And she has great things to say about MBM right here.

So there’s the latest. Do you spend your rupees ordering books online, or must you hunt them down in the bookstore and hold them in your hand?

17 comments to “Lovely Links”

1. Bev
     · February 3rd, 2010 at 2:23 pm · Link

Aren’t you a sweetheart. 🙂 But they are pretty aren’t they?? Made only prettier by your gorgeous cover. Love the definition of the hero’s arms. Yuuummmm.

And I have to say I do both. I hunt them down at book stores AND order online. My option is to find them at a book store. Second is to get the ebook, third is to hunt them down online.

· February 3rd, 2010 at 3:21 pm · Link

I stole your picture off Twitter! Thanks so much for including me in the bookmark—it’s really, really pretty!

I used to have to find books in person, but I kind of live in the middle of nowhere. My Walmart and independent bookstore do not come close to having everything I want to read. Online ordering is so simple (and so dangerous to my credit card, LOL).

3. Mho Fho
     · February 3rd, 2010 at 3:46 pm · Link

Loved snuggling with your book. The cover got me all hot and bothered. 😉

· February 3rd, 2010 at 3:53 pm · Link

Mho, I would suggest shearing your fleece for the hot and bothered problem, but that might alter your devilshly good looks. 😉

· February 4th, 2010 at 10:30 pm · Link

The Season bookmarks really are gorgeous.

Alas, I too have become an online buyer of books. Since I no longer make a daily trek to a place with better book sources than the local book spots, I have to shop online. I admit it’s exciting to get those boxes of books via UPS, FedEx, or USPO, but I miss the bookstore visits. For one thing, I don’t have the chance to reposition favorite books or buttonhole fellow shoppers to hand-sell books they should not miss.

· February 4th, 2010 at 11:23 pm · Link

Janga, you are a merry prankster! I love to find writer friends’ books and put them face-out, too.

Bev says she’s sending me some bookmarks. I can’t wait to see them in person. The other side is lovely too.

7. Terri Osburn
     · February 5th, 2010 at 1:34 am · Link

You’re plan for world domination is coming together beautifully!!! LOL! Just when I think things can’t get any more exciting, I remember to stop by here and they do!

I prefer to buy my books in person, but it depends on the book. I’ve been lazy lately and using PaperbackSwap to get rid of some books I don’t need and get some backlists that I do. 🙂

· February 5th, 2010 at 1:51 am · Link

Terri, I’m too tired to dominate the world, LOL. Which means that I’ve been ordering more and more stuff online from the comfort of my ripped desk chair..

9. Bev
     · February 5th, 2010 at 5:22 pm · Link

Maggie dear, the books should hit you either today or tomorrow (if you get Saturday delivery). And you’re so right, are books do look so nice and snuggy together.

Ooohhh, I read that you’re getting review requests. YAY!!! Everyone needs to totally get hooked on this series and you. I can’t wait for you to finish that novella (tapping my foot impatiently). To mega success, sweets

Bev xo

10. Bev
     · February 5th, 2010 at 5:23 pm · Link

Boy do I wish there was an edit feature on this. I meant bookmarks in my first reference to books, and instead of ‘are books’, I meant ‘our books’. Apparently, I need a proofreader.

• Maggie Robinson
      10.1
       · February 5th, 2010 at 9:23 pm · Link

Bev, nothing but bills in the mail today. 🙁 And I hear you on the editing. It looks like I can edit all comments, but not the poster. I type so badly I’m always making dreadful mistakes…and early in the morning I’m so fumble-fingered I should be banned from the computer.

11. Irisheyes
     · February 5th, 2010 at 9:53 pm · Link

I’ve purchased a few books on-line, but since there is a Barnes & Nobles, Target and Walmart right outside my subdivision I opt for the immediate gratification.

Now, I’ve been hearing talk that if you pre-order on-line the books get to you before the release date and if that is the case I may change my routine altogether. I think I must be the only book shopper in my city that shows up on release date expecting books to be on the shelf and they usually never are! 🙄

I also try to limit my book buying to those places where I have gift cards and that makes it kind of hard. Although I always talk myself into buying them at Walmart and Target cause there is usually a discount and I convince myself I’m actually doing something good by saving money. I can pretty much rationalize anything. 🙂

· February 5th, 2010 at 10:22 pm · Link

Irish, I just bought 4 books at Walmart today. $5.97 for Sabrina Jeffries’s The Truth about Lord Stoneville ($7.99), Michelle Willingham’s The Accidental Countess for $4.44 ($5.99), Stephanie Laurens’s The Elusive Bride for $5.97 ($7.99) and Sara Lindsey’s Promise Me Tonight for $4.97 ($6.99). (Yay, Pixie!) Hard to resist. Now I should have enough books to bring with me on vacation, because I bought 3 on Wednesday when I went to the dentist (and paid full price in an independent bookstore). But the selection here in western Maine is not the best, so I’ve been doing a lot of online ordering lately. I’d have to drive 45 minutes to hit a big bookstore chain. 🙁

13. Cristen
     · February 7th, 2010 at 3:03 pm · Link

For books I’ve been waiting for I’ll always buy in store because they often come out before the online site will ship them. I can get my hot little hands on them that much faster! For online ordering its usually older books that are no longer in store. Lately I’ve been buying e-books from Sony for the hubby’s e-reader. Its his account, so it looks funny on his bills to see all these romance novels come up. 😉

· February 7th, 2010 at 7:35 pm · Link

LOL, Cristen. Men SHOULD read romances—then they’d know what works! I am sooo close to ordering a nook…maybe by the summer. My husband could use an e-reader for the large font capabities, and then I’d never worry about the long drive to the big bookstore again. :).

15. Cristen
     · February 9th, 2010 at 1:07 am · Link

I really like the e-reader. I wasn’t sure I would, but the hubby always wanted one so I got it for his birthday. Now I’ve downloaded more books for it than he has! Although I can read a 300+ page book in a weekend whereas he “savours” its and it takes him much longer. I’m amazed how how book-like the screen is. I don’t think the iPad (hate the name!) will come close with their e-book (or iBook I guess they will call it) functionality.

· February 9th, 2010 at 8:40 am · Link

Cristen, yeah, the iPad leaves something to be desired, doesn’t it? I can’t believe it didn’t occur to someone in their their marketing department that the name wasn’t the greatest, LOL.