Mar 27
2010
From Russia with Love

Nope, this is not about nuclear disarmament. 🙂 The latest: Russian rights have been sold to Mistress by Mistake! That’s Хозяйка по Oшибке according to a translating site I found. I think it’s so cool that eventually I’ll have books printed in two alphabets (Thai, too) that I am completely unfamiliar with.

Don’t forget the #MistressMonday Twitter contest. Just add the hashtag to your tweets for a chance to win MBM. Last week’s winners were @Pearl-ROOB and @shellistevens. Details of a contest right here will be posted shortly.

Brava is sponsoring a great new contest for aspiring writers. Check it out. The Brava Authors blog is being redesigned too, and eventually I’ll be posting once a month there.

Hope Spring is finding a way to you. Here in Maine we’ve dipped down into the teens and I’m freezing again. When I was a little girl, my parents always took pictures of me in my Easter bonnet in front of the brilliant yellow forsythia bush we had in the back yard. I’ve got nothing here but mud. And no new hat. Do you wear hats? The heroine of my latest novella is a hatmaker, and it’s all she can do not to stab the hero with a hatpin. 😉

9 comments to “From Russia with Love”

1. Danny
     · March 27th, 2010 at 6:43 pm · Link

Hi Maggie,

big congrats on the foreign rights sale! Hope that many more will follow

Congrats also to the twitter winners!

· March 28th, 2010 at 12:26 am · Link

Thanks, Danny. I must admit I never thought about anything international when I was writing. I’m pretty amazed. 🙂

3. Gillian Layne
     · March 29th, 2010 at 6:14 pm · Link

Hey, cool! I always thought it would be amazing to hold a work of your own that you couldn’t read—and wonder just how the translation went. 🙂 Congratulations, Maggie. Such a wonderful spring and summer for you.

And yes–Spring is trying to show up here in the midwest, after our bizarre spring break blizzard.

· March 29th, 2010 at 7:57 pm · Link

Hey, Gillian! So glad to ‘see’ you again. And mega-congrats on the Golden Heart! I’ve got that right, don’t I? So excited for you. I’m going to Nashville and I hope to see you for real!

5. Gillian Layne
     · March 30th, 2010 at 2:49 pm · Link

I’ll be looking for you! 😉

6. Terrio
     · March 30th, 2010 at 6:13 pm · Link

Congrats on the Russian rights and thanks for the heads up on the contest. Definitely will pass that link along to friends.

*waves to Gillian*

· March 30th, 2010 at 10:38 pm · Link

Terri, thanks! Yes, the Brava thing looks so cool. Tell the pirates!

· March 31st, 2010 at 5:47 am · Link

Congratulations again, Maggie!

The forsythia here is in full sunshiny bloom. So are the daffodils and all the assorted members of that family. The cherry trees and the Bradford pears are blooming as well–and even a few early azaleas. We’re supposed to hit the 80s this week. I wish I could bottle some of this golden glory and send it to you in Mudville. Then maybe you could send me back so cooler temps during our sweltering summer. 🙂

· March 31st, 2010 at 11:41 am · Link

Janga, I am so jealous! We’ve had five straight days of snow/rain. There is a gigantic puddle in the lawn where the snow pile from the snowplowing has melted. I think it’s deep enough for me to go swimming, LOL. It doesn’t seem like Easter. Maybe I just need a chocolate bunny. 😉