Apr 27
2010
Today’s the Day!

It’s release day for my debut Mistress by Mistake! Firsts like this don’t come along every day, and I want to savor the moment…and would, if I weren’t feeling nauseous and insane. šŸ™‚ Here’s the first sighting of the book on the shelves that I received last week from a wonderful woman in Hawaii. Hawaii! And how I wish I were there, lying under a palm tree with a pineapple drink in hand. I guess I could go drink a pina colada in Maine to celebrate if my stomach settles.

How have you celebrated special occasions in your life? Comment to win a copy of Mistress by Mistake!

22 comments to “Today’s the Day!”

1. Armenia
     · April 27th, 2010 at 2:14 am · Link

Whoo Hooo!!! Happy release day, Maggie.

Don’t count me, I already have my copy. I love petting it. *chuckle*

Have a glass of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries. Yummy! šŸ˜‰

2. etirv
     · April 27th, 2010 at 6:22 am · Link

Congrats Maggie! Suuuweeeeettt!!!! So excited for you! šŸ˜†

Vegas — we don’t go as often as we’d like but that’s what my DH and I like to do to celebrate special occasions! Hmmm, a milestone anniversary is coming soon. I think you should celebrate the release of MBM with a Hawaii vacation!

BTW, mahalo, the surprise was very nice!

3. Tiffany Clare
     · April 27th, 2010 at 8:59 am · Link

YAY for release day! Glad everyone is already finding their copies!

4. Anna Patterson
     · April 27th, 2010 at 10:46 am · Link

congratulations on the book.
    I always love to really celebrate on special occassions, but usually do this in a quiet way with a few friends or something like that.

5. Giada M.
     · April 27th, 2010 at 11:08 am · Link

Congratulatios Maggie!^O^
    In my life I always have celebrated special occasions with those I love.. going out together and with a big dinner! šŸ˜›
    Best wishes!
    Giada M.

fabgiada @ gmail.com

6. Camille
     · April 27th, 2010 at 11:50 am · Link

I don’t really mind where I spend special occasions as long as I’m with people I care for, as Giada above.

Of course it’s not that it’s not a bonus to go someplace nice but it’s not necessary šŸ˜€

· April 27th, 2010 at 11:56 am · Link

Yay, Maggie!!! I’m so excited for your debut! Everyone’s going to see how fun and sexy your books are, and I cannot wait for all the success headed your way.

8. JK Coi
     · April 27th, 2010 at 12:21 pm · Link

YAY!! It’s release day finally! I’m so excited. Congratulations!!

9. Kirsten
     · April 27th, 2010 at 12:38 pm · Link

Congrats on your release Maggie!!

I do like to celebrate the special occasions in my life but I do it in a small way. With tea and cakes, family and friends. Talking and laughing together. Real simple but very nice. I also like to take loads of pictures.

10. Irisheyes
     · April 27th, 2010 at 12:56 pm · Link

Congrats, Maggie!

I celebrate with food! Whenever something great has happened or I want to share the good mojo in my life I gather loved ones and eat! Usually something sweet and chocolate!

11. Scorpio M.
     · April 27th, 2010 at 2:26 pm · Link

Congrats! šŸ˜›

I have treated myself to trips arouad the world to celebrate milestones, like turning 30 or getting a promotion at work. Good food, great friends & family and I’m set for a celebration.

12. Serenissima
     · April 27th, 2010 at 2:50 pm · Link

Congrats on Your Big Day Maggie!

I can only imagine what it feels like to see Your book on the shelves, Your name on the front page! Celebrate!

I usually celebrate with chocolate/ a glass of good wine/ good food… But last Saturday I celebrated with real French Champagne. Why? I was al last able to fly from Rome to Northern-Europe. I was stuck up in Rome because of Iceland-volcano for five days. It was heavenly to come home.

13. Terrio
     · April 27th, 2010 at 4:57 pm · Link

Congrats once again, Maggie! If I have time after kiddo’s volleyball game tonight, I’m going to go book hunting.

I celebrated graduating college last year with all my friends at the RWA National conference in DC. It was last minute and low key, but I was so flattered that so many made the time to come by and hang out. Made me feel kind of special. šŸ™‚

· April 27th, 2010 at 7:06 pm · Link

Thanks everyone! It still does not seem quite real, tho Barnes and Noble delivered my books on the front porch today. Yes, I ordered my own books, the better to give them away. šŸ™‚

15. Donna Cummings
     · April 27th, 2010 at 7:38 pm · Link

Congratulations, Maggie! Such a wonderful thing to celebrate. Here’s to many more celebrations in your future!

16. etirv
     · April 27th, 2010 at 8:00 pm · Link

Maggie, it’s real…. you’re a star! I can’t believe you had to purchase your own books… I thought authors get tons from the publisher! Thank you for being so nice.

· April 27th, 2010 at 8:29 pm · Link

etirv, oh, I got 2 huges boxes of books from my publisher, but I wanted to make sure I had enough for promo stuff and my family and friends. šŸ™‚ And besides, it was kind of fun ordering it.

18. Kelly S
     · April 27th, 2010 at 8:59 pm · Link

Congratulations on your debut! I’ve heard wonderful things about it!!

As to how I celebrate, usually with a wonderful meal and my hubby. Go out to eat, relax, tweet. šŸ˜›

19. Mariska
     · April 28th, 2010 at 1:12 am · Link

Congrats on your Release !

Everybody’s talking about your book, And i would really like to read about it even more ā—

I always Celebrate with my big family. We’re going to A fine seafood restaurant. ordering any seafood that we like šŸ˜€

20. Mitzi H.
     · April 28th, 2010 at 4:17 am · Link

Fantastic Debut….Congratulations!!!

I celebrate by going to dinner with a group of my best fun loving routy friends and my hubby. Good Food, Good Drink and Good Company…It’s always a winner.

21. Deb H.
     · April 28th, 2010 at 6:18 pm · Link

Maggie, HURRAY! Congrats!

My parents are celebrating their 55th wedding anniversary on May 15th. We all thought 50 was great, but are so very happy for their 55th!

22. Maggie Robinson/Margaret Rowe
     · April 28th, 2010 at 9:14 pm · Link

Wow, 55 years. So rare and so wonderful!