Jun 1
2010
Tempting Tuesday

Today is Tempting Eden’s official release day! I’m filled with both excitement and trepidation. Margaret Rowe’s writing is much darker and more explicit than Maggie’s, but I must say it’s been fun to exercise both sides of my imagination.

Here’s Tempting Eden’s notorious first line: “When he was done, she’d be the greatest whore in all Christendom.” People have asked, “Why did you write about a girl tortured and trained by her stepfather?” All I can say is that the idea took hold of me when I was writing a light, frolicsome (unpublished) book, and I couldn’t shake it. I never had a nasty stepfather (or a nasty father for that matter), I have no personal knowledge of dominance and submission, and I certainly have never hung out in a house of prostitution. But there was Eden, vulnerable and isolated, needing her hero to help her overcome her past and me to tell the story.

Have I scared you off yet? I hope not, for Tempting Eden is an emotional Regency Noir that will “stay with you long after the final page is read.ā€ (~Featured review, The Season) Writing it pushed me past my own comfort zone. I know the book will not appeal to the conventional romance reader, which is why it’s marketed as erotic romance. But if you’d like a chance to win a copy of Tempting Eden and decide its merits for yourself, just leave a comment below. Because I have somewhat run out of ideas, I’m going to plagiarize myself from last month’s Margaret Rowe contest and ask, “What’s your greatest temptation?” I had lots of entries, and most of them involved chocolate in some way. šŸ™‚ I’ll announce the winner–and something else pretty exciting–on Monday, June 7. Get tempted!

(For more chances to win a copy this month, please visit my news page to see my guest blog stops.)

12 comments to “Tempting Tuesday”

1. JK Coi
     · June 1st, 2010 at 7:36 am · Link

Yay Maggie! I’m so excited. Tempting Eden is everything you said it is and more. It plucks every emotion and makes you feel so much you can’t believe it’s just a book. Thanks for writing it! šŸ™‚

· June 1st, 2010 at 9:11 am · Link

Thank YOU Kris! Can’t belive I woke up at 8:45 on release day.

3. etirv
     · June 1st, 2010 at 1:49 pm · Link

Hi Maggie! Huge congrats from Hawaii! I read my first Mills & Boon and Barbara Cartland romances in high school and then stopped for many years until a few years ago when I got curious and resumed reading romances. Your novels are one of the reasons I’m happy I returned to romance. Thanks and stay beautiful!

4. Jane
     · June 1st, 2010 at 4:53 pm · Link

Happy Release Day, Maggie. I loved “Mistress by Mistake” and look forward to reading “Tempting Eden.”

5. Jennifer
     · June 1st, 2010 at 9:17 pm · Link

Happy release day, Maggie! I just discovered your website. I look forward to reading your books. They sound like great reads!

6. Barbara Elness
     · June 2nd, 2010 at 12:46 am · Link

My greatest temptation has got to be books. I have lots of books that I haven’t read yet, but I keep bringing them home because I can never have enough. Congrats on the release of Tempting Eden – I’d love to give it a try.

· June 2nd, 2010 at 8:09 am · Link

Barbara, books are probably what I most like to tempt myself with too. That, and cheap champagne. massages. Pedicures. Wait. I’m getting way too tempted!

Thanks, Jennifer–hope you stop by again!

Thanks, Jane! TE is pretty different from MBM, but I had to write it.

etirv, aloha! I stopped reading romance when I was raising my kids (just when it probably would have come in handy to eascape, LOL). I only started aeound 2003, and I’m so glad I did. The romance community is awesome, and you are too!

• etirv
      7.1
       · June 2nd, 2010 at 1:28 pm · Link

Got a surprise from my favorite Vauxhall vixen this morning, thanks much! Suuweeeeet!!!! Truly was not expecting to win. Staying home today because of beastly allergies (the price of living in paradise!). I must say I prefer romance novels today than those mild ones I read in high school!

8. Tracey D
     · June 2nd, 2010 at 6:07 pm · Link

Congrats on your new release; you must be very excited. I hope you’ll celebrate tonight with your loved ones!

9. limecello
     · June 4th, 2010 at 10:04 am · Link

Um, I love that first line. Love it. I must have this book! A belated congratulations and happy release day to you, Maggie! šŸ™‚

· June 4th, 2010 at 10:28 am · Link

Thanks, everybody! I just got my cover for the book that follows Tempting Eden. I’ll post it next week. The cover gods are just too good to me. šŸ™‚

11. Nikki
     · June 25th, 2010 at 6:22 pm · Link

I just ordered this from Amazon…..eagerly awaiting its arrival…but silly Amazon is sending everything in one shipment so I have to wait till my Cynthia Eden preorder comes out lol!