Jun 6
2010
Big Beautiful News

First, the big: I am absolutely thrilled that NYTimes best-selling author Eloisa James is featuring Mistress by Mistake in her Barnes and Noble column this week. She says, “Mistress by Mistake is a charming, extra-sexy tale.”

I may be older than Eloisa, but I consider her my fairy godmother when it comes to romance. If it were not for her bulletin board (where I’m the guest author this month), I don’t believe I’d have gotten as far as I have. It was there I met my critique partners the Vauxhall Vixens (hi, Ely, Kris and Tiff), the Vanettes, the Pirates, etc. Wonderful writers, but better yet wonderful people. So this is a fabulous, meaningful thing to happen.

Now the beautiful: Margaret Rowe’s Any Wicked Thing cover, out from Berkley Heat in January 2011. There’s Freddie, smiling slyly. If I had Sebastian in my bed, I’d be smiling too. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

And one last item:congratulations to Jane, who’s won a copy of Margaret Rowe’s Tempting Eden. Please send your address to maggie@maggierobinson.net. Have a wonderful week!

7 comments to “Big Beautiful News”

1. etirv
     · June 7th, 2010 at 6:55 pm · Link

Hi Maggie! Wow!!! A thumbs up from Eloisa James!!! MBM is a keeper (even though I love the author, I’m a straight shooter), thank you and have a great week, too!

2. Booklover1335
     · June 7th, 2010 at 9:04 pm · Link

A great cover!

· June 8th, 2010 at 5:46 am · Link

etirv, I was pretty excited when Eloisa e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago to tell me my book was going to be in her column. She’s created the perfect community on her bulletin board (now shared with Julia Quinn). The group of women who were “founders” there have become my best online friends.

Booklover, I love it! It’s so different from Tempting Eden, but really suits the lighter (still sexy) storyline. Freddie is a great heroine…and Sebastian—oh, my. I’d ditch my husband for him if it wasn’t too much trouble to break in a new man. :mrgreen:

4. Jane
     · June 8th, 2010 at 5:23 pm · Link

Congrats on the lovely cover and on being featured in Eloisa’s BN column. Thanks for the book.

5. Gillian Layne
     · June 9th, 2010 at 5:00 pm · Link

So gorgeous, Maggie! You’ve been blessed by the cover gods for sure, but then, your excellent works deserve great covers! 🙂

· June 9th, 2010 at 5:18 pm · Link

Thanks, Jane. I mailed it yesterday and hope you enjoy it!

Gillian, I really can’t believe how gorgeous my covers are! I’m so lucky for so many reasons. 😉

7. Terrio
     · June 15th, 2010 at 3:00 pm · Link

Absolutely gorgeous cover! Can’t wait to see it in person. Will you have coverflats at Nationals, do you think?

Just realized I don’t think we ever picked a winner for TEMPTING EDEN from your Margaret visit. I shall rectify that tonight!