Mar 20
2011
Golden Glow

I’ve just come back from a seven-day cruise in the Eastern Caribbean. Don’t hate me. I got tan and relaxed, but I discovered that after a winter of going barefoot as I stayed indoors writing, the seven (!) pairs of shoes I brought were unwearable. Yes, I’m addicted to shoes, but apparently they are allergic to me. I’m now in gauze bandages and slipper socks and will be forced to continue my sedentary ways at the computer for a while as I recoup. I have something sunny to keep me company, though–the gorgeous cover for September’s Mistress by Marriage! Happy Spring!

6 comments to “Golden Glow”

1. Beverley
     · March 20th, 2011 at 10:06 am · Link

Are you not just sick and TIRED of getting these utterly gorgeous covers??? No seriously, I know you must be. GORGEOUS my dear, absolutely gorgeous. May the delicious piece of eye candy find his way into may new homes when Mistress by Marriage comes out. 🙂

Hugs,
    Bev

· March 20th, 2011 at 10:23 am · Link

LOL, Bev, I’m never going to get tired of them. I think I’m going to get the coverflats I have framed so I can look at them all the time. But maybe that’s a bad idea…I need to write not drool, dammit!

3. Booklover1335
     · March 21st, 2011 at 9:09 am · Link

Welcome back! I’m glad you had a good time….and wearing shoes…completely overrated 🙂

Great cover! I think it’s your best one yet.

• Maggie Robinson
      3.1
       · March 21st, 2011 at 3:56 pm · Link

My doctor yelled at me today for going barefoot all winter. Says I need to “retrain my feet,” LOL. Am going to look into orthopedic little old lady shoes. 😉 Thanks for the coverlove. I really like it too, although Caroline is a lot plumper in my head.

4. Carol L
     · March 29th, 2011 at 9:30 pm · Link

Hi Maggie,
    Glad you got to go on vacation but sorry about the shoe thing.
    It happened to me a few years ago and I was off my feet for a month because I hate wearing shoes in the house.
    The cover is gorgeous. The cover Gods love you Maggie. 🙂
    Carol L
    Lucky4750@aol.com

• Maggie Robinson
      4.1
       · March 30th, 2011 at 8:20 am · Link

I just ordered several pairs of shoes from Portugal that are knit–I need no friction on my delicate little feet, LOL. (size 91/2-10, not so little). Am kind of dreading our next plane trip but maybe by then I’ll be all bouncy. Thanks for the coverlove, Carol!